The Journeyman Session is designed to finish the apprentice's education as a journeyman dulcimer maker. Four week session.
The goals of the Journeyman Session are
- The apprentice will design and build a body mould
- The apprentice will also hand-make chisels, knives, scrapers and assemble a complete kit of hand tools, with the guidance of the Teacher as needed.
- The apprentice will use these materials and moulds to build an Appalachian dulcimer.
- Though the Teacher will be available, the Apprentice will be working independently.
- The Apprentice will learn how to produce ornamentation as found in the Bear Meadow Concert Series dulcimers.
The Journeyman Apprentice's responsibilities are
- Help direct and supervise other Apprentices
- Produce advanced materials
- Assist the Teacher in all phases of the artisan process.
To arrange for an apprenticeship see Arrangements & Fees