To place an order for a dulcimer or equipment:
- Choose the dulcimer model or equipment you are interested in.
- See the Price List for the model, optional equipment or accessories you wish.
- Contact me to discuss the dulcimer model you need and the custom-voicing to your musical requirements. (Every dulcimer I make is custom-voiced for its owner -- no extra charge!) Here are three ways to reach me:
° Telephone - (585) 288-5031
° E-mail - Contact Us
° Postal Mail:
289 Rich's Dugway
Rochester NY 14625
- Make a deposit. This is a 15% non-refundable deposit, and guarantees your place on the Build List. You can make your deposit in a couple of ways:
- U.S. Mail (preferred for domestic payments). Send check or money order, payable to "Dwain Wilder," to the above address
- Or you can send funds to "firstname.lastname@example.org" on-line using easy, secure-access PayPal. Due to fees charged, I ask that only international clients use PayPal, unless there are special circumstances.
I am currently taking orders for delivery in about a year for the Standard Series and a year for the Concert Series.
I hope you don't find the wait discouraging. Think of it this way: you can order with just a deposit (I actually prefer to keep the deposit as small as possible -- just enough to know my client is in earnest about getting a Bear Meadow, and so I don't tie up your money), then use the waiting time to save up the rest of the price.
I guarantee the integrity and suitability of Bear Meadow Appalachian dulcimers. There are four major terms:
- Suitability: Within seven (7) days of receipt, you may return the instrument in its original carton for full purchase price on grounds that it does not suit your needs.
- If you elect to have the problem re-worked, I will reimburse return shipping to the extent of my own shipping cost, and return the reworked instrument at my cost.
- If you wish adjustments to be made that are additions to or alterations of the original Commission, all shipping charges will be your cost.
- Workmanship and materials. Your Bear Meadow dulcimer is guaranteed for one year against any failure due to craft, technique, or materials.
- The problem will be repaired at my own cost.
- If I find it necessary, I will build you a new instrument to the original specifications. This work will begin immediately upon that decision and will have absolute priority over other waiting commissions.
- As part of any warranty repair/replacment, you may specify additional or alternative fittings, at their current cost. Credit for existing fittings to be replaced may be given as far as possible, if they have been maintained in new condition.
- To avoid unnecessarily expensive shipping, retain the carton your dulcimer is sent in for at least one year. Any reimbursement of shipping charges will be based on my own cost of shipping in that carton.
- The "Suitability" clause is available only to clients who commission a dulcimer or buy the instrument without having other opportunity to evaluate it personally (such as playing it at a dulcimer festival or in my studio).
- The soundboard ("top") is not sent with cracks, breakage or crushed edges. If received in that condition, the owner must file a claim with the shipper. I can aid your claim by documenting the instrument's original condition with photographs of the top.
- Case and equipment/fittings damage: The case and all equipment and fittings are sent in new and operating condition. Damage to the these must be filed as a claim to the shipper. I will help as possible with information on filing shipping damage claims.
Please Note! Problems that arise outside the warranty will be dealt with leniently, especially if they are obvious to my judgement to be late evidence of faulty workmanship or materials. My aim is that everyone be thrilled to own a Bear Meadow Appalachian dulcimer!