EVO Gold frets are made from a new alloy -- harder than normal German silver frets -- Silicon/Copper/Iron/Titanium. EVO Gold frets are between 18% nickel/Copper/Zinc German silver and stainless steel on the Vickers Hardness scale (German silver: 200; EVO Gold: 250; stainless steel: 300). There are several reasons to consider EVO Gold:
- If you find you need new frets sooner than other players
- Excessive fret grooving on frequently played positions
- Sensitivity to nickle or German Silver
- EVO Gold is also recommended if you choose more than one or two FlexiFrets.
- EVO Gold frets are a wonderful warm gold color (the color of the alloy, not a surface finish color) that harmonizes beautifully with the American black walnut of the Bear Meadow fretboard.
For price see the Price List