My goal is making Appalachian dulcimers of superb beauty, projection, voice and action. The information in these pages will give you lots of details about what models I offer and my dulcimer building techniques, which you can use to learn how to build a mountain dulcimer.
I would just like to thank you for all the information you have given free on your website. As an amateur luthier your guide to building dulcimers has helped me a great deal with many of the problems I encountered whilst building instruments and has given me more insight into how to improve my designs.
It's given me a lot to think about and has been very informative. The most useful resource I have found online. – Aedan Jenner, Plymouth, UK
Take a little jaunt through Bear Meadow...
- How Bear Meadow achieves such amazing responsiveness, dynamic range and pitch accuracy!
- Listen to some music played on Bear Meadow Dulcimers.
- If you're shopping -- or window shopping -- for dulcimers, start here
- If you are wanting to see how I build dulcimers, what materials go into them, how I design, see Building Dulcimers (Lots of building tips there for other dulcimer makers, too!)
- If you are looking for a way to change to new strings, or a builder looking for a fret spacing calculator, check out "Calculators" on the menu
- Want to learn how to build a dulcimer? Or want to apprentice and get serious about a career in the art of building stringed instruments? Check out "Studying at Bear Meadow" on the menu
- If you want to find out a little about me, Dwain Wilder, and what my history in the dulcimer world is, check out "About Bear Meadow" (Leave a note in the Guestbook if you'd like...)
- And, if you'd like to send an e-mail, ask a question, go to "Contact Us"